As the philosopher Yoda once stated: "Do or Do Not, There is no try'.

Having a restriction on how (potential) non-privileged contributors can
contribute is not a good thing for this project. What it will lead to is
more instead of less hurdles to contribute. Some may report a bug in an
email (even though not subscribed to a mailing list). Disregarding that and
hammering on 'follow the dictates' does not get issues resolved faster. So
given current state of the project, such does not benefit the project or
potential adopters/contribot) more. It only benefits those not willing to
collaborate/contribute (and/or bureaucrats).

This applies to the first 3 aspects raised by Mathieu.

As for the 4th: The availability of an API (whether for Github or JIRA -
and yes JIRA has such as well) doesn't make OFBiz reports (quarterly, not
monthly) better by itself. It needs commitment on various levels to have it
used consistently. AFAICT, this is not going to happen soon in this project.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)