Hi Ashish,

The blog is available at http://blogs.apache.org/ofbiz/. It's PMC driven as we want to moderate content. But any annouce regarding OFBiz may be examined by the OFBiz PMC.

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
+1 for this idea

I have just asked a blog for OFBiz following
http://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/roller_installed_for_use_by
I have also some content for this new OFBiz blog but not really ready for now...

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vijaywargiya.ash...@gmail.com>
WDYT for dividing "In the News" section into two sections (For details
please see my previous email on this) ?

-- Internal News
-- External News

--

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Ashish Vijaywargiya <
ashish.vijaywarg...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

 >> planet.ofbiz.apache.org, linked to our own personal various blogs,
>> showing ofbiz-tagged messages.

I like the idea of planet.* style.
Because planet.* is very common pattern to share the thoughts by internal user
of project.
Thoughts can be related to project or supporting technologies in the market.

For ex:
http://planet.centos.org/
&http://planet.ubuntu.com/

I agree on David's comment for using OFBiz docs area (OFBADMIN & Wiki) & would
personally like to go with it.
But in my opinion we may need to expose these changes to the user visiting to the ofbiz home page to attract and increase his/her involvement in the project.
So Here I would like to propose a thought / idea :

On the home page(http://ofbiz.apache.org/) we have section titled "In the News".
Lets divide section into two parts :

1) Internal News : The links present on this section will go to the page
present inside ofbiz docs area (i.e confluence).
2) External News : Will navigate to external resource.

Now each section(Internal or External) will contain the 5 min. & 10 max. topic
that are recently added.
If the limit exceeds(more then 10) then we should add a link (Read More .... ) and this link will redirect to a page on Confluence where we will get all the links of Internal or External Articles. If we like to have two page for Internal & External document then this approach is also fine, I think.

Please let us know your thoughts on this.
Thanks !

--
Ashish