Le 05/03/2012 10:08, Adrian Crum a écrit :
Because the value attribute is supposed to represent a string constant (that can be converted to another type via the type attribute), and the from-field attribute is supposed to represent a variable.

My preference is to have a from-expression attribute to make things clearer.

Same opinion, the from-expression miss to separate the value origin:
 * from-field : provide only from existent context field
 * value : only given value (Parsing by the given type)
 * from-expression : calling script interface to resolve value.

From my perspective, the main reason mini-language has such strange and quirky behavior is because the syntax has not been clearly expressed or implemented.

-Adrian

On 3/5/2012 8:51 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Okay, we can give it a try and see if we run into any problems.

Btw, expressions should go in the from-field attribute, not the value attribute.

Why? I'd prefer to stay the same than now. I agree it's a convention, but from-field makes less sense to me for evaluated expressions (being in a script or inlined)