Hi Jacopo

That is an excellent start! I used to prefer minilang to java because it
was so easy to do common tasks, but 2 things about it were so annoying that
I now only use it for the simplest tasks. But with java I have to put up
with all that extra code to get simple things done.

Your groovy approach takes the best of minilang and the best of java, and
combines them. My only concern with it is speed, but I suppose we could use
ant to compile the groovy if there is a problem?

A couple of thoughts (probably you have already thought of these):

Change runService to runServiceSync, so there can also be a runServiceAsync.

The design effort on this could combine with the current design effort on
improving minilang. Adrian's new wiki page (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Mini-language+Reference)
could be used to guide what functionality the new groovy DSL needs. So
there could (almost) be a one-to-one mapping between a minilang tag and a
DSL function.

Do you intend for the DSL to work with events, as well as services?

Cheers,
Anne.

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/