I am all for improving the code base towards more consistency.

Having service definitions for CRUD functions for all entities, but the
view entities, is part of that. And it opens the opportunity to get a
potential future where OFBiz is opened up - in a relative easy way - to the
external environments via REST over HTTP microservices and what not.

I also concur with the posting done earlier by Taher: be careful when
migrating services to engine="entity-auto", as the devil is always in the
details.

At this moment in time, I can't fathom how much effort is involved in this
factoring, but I suggest to break it down as much as possible into separate
JIRA issues. For instance, the rework on the removal of the OrderHeaderNoteView
and OrderItemAndShipGroupAssoc from the OrderHeader entity can be a
separate issue. Please be aware, that this might have a big impact in
various functions/services/etc.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>