I think unused labels should be removed. I also think it is not too hard to
find and delete all such labels in one shot. We can develop a script to do
that and use it on a recurring basis actually.

Unfortunately we have unused XML not only in labels but many other XML
resources making them dead code. This is an area ripe for refactoring.