Hi Nicolas,

Did you try ./gradlew terminateOfbiz ?

I guess it's the good way to stop Ofbiz if background.

Gil

On 19/01/2017 12:00, Nicolas Malin wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday during the birt improvement I run the ofbiz with the command under linux :

$./gradlew build ofbizBackground

After some tests I correct the java code and want to stop ofbiz

$./gradlew "ofbiz -d"

Gradle build ofbiz and says ofbiz down. But after a analyze

$ ps aux | grep java
mnicolas 14946  5.4  9.1 4669464 734960 ?      Sl   11:16   1:49
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -Xms128M -Xmx1024M
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.country=FR -Duser.language=fr -Duser.variant -cp
/home/mnicolas/workspace/apache-ofbiz-git/build/libs/ofbiz.jar
org.apache.ofbiz.base.start.Start

Hmm ofbiz wasn't down, I restarted the command, same result.

To solve I found two solutions :

* the Goodness kill command (he he he)

* Call directly the jar $java -jar build/libs/ofbiz.jar -d

I know that my call to ofbizBackground wasn't not a realistic production case, but I prefer to sharing this with the thinking about what is the best way to down ofbiz. Do we need use gradle but in this case why call build target, directly call the jar or by operating system order !

On the README.md whe have the example of gradlew "ofbiz --shutdown", please help me to found the better way :)

Nicolas

--
logoNrd <https://nereide.fr/>
        Nicolas Malin