I've exchanged ideas with Romain how we can push OpenJPA-3.0.0.
To finish implementing all JPA-2.1 features will cost us some time.
But it would be quite easy to ship milestone releases with a well specified set
of features (and ongoing bugfixes).
* API and lib upgrade (done)
* bugfixes (quite a few done)
* improved OSGi support (done)
* stored procedure support (done)
* SynchronizationType suport (wip)
* you name it
Timeframe would be about 2 months for each milestone.
I would like to start with m1 after the SynchronizationType support is done
(hope to do it in the next 2 weeks)