+1 on the overall goal (of course since we discussed it ;))

Is there any hope to get the javax.persistence.* ddl and
PersistenceProvider.generateSchema (for Persistence.generateSchema call)
impl for m1? Think it is one of the most used 2.1 feature. I checked
quickly and we are not that far (we mainly miss the ability to generate
dropDdl) to support that but I'm quite off this game this month :(.

Romain