On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM, jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 in general to your ideas, it would be VERY nice to have an easy way, and
> the more we all do to make it easy the more developers will work for both
> projects. I do however have one question.
>
> Regarding the mark #AOOCONTRIBUTION. It an AOO committer take the code and
> integrate it, would that not be a clear violation of the ICLA paragraph 7.
> As I read it, taking code requires a lot of extra red tape, compared to if
> someone actively sends the code and asks a committer to integrate it ?
>
> I might be wrong, but from past experience with apache, taking source that
> has not clearly been sent with the purpose of integration, can lead to
> problems. Remember it is not easy to proof who actually set the flag,
> whereas a mail sent is a clear indication.

I agree that this would only work if we know that the patch author set
the flag.  But this can be done via normal means.  If you recall, I
didn't ask for your fingerprints or a DNA sample before integrating
your patches ;-)  Unless shown otherwise I hope we can assume that no
one is committing fraud, like editing someone else's commit to add a
tag to it.

-Rob