On 30.11.2012 11:37, Herbert Duerr wrote:
On 30.11.2012 09:58, Andre Fischer wrote:
It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
setting up a new local git repository.  I understand that that has
become more complicated as well, if you want to access the "old"
history.  I really don't want to go back to use svn directly.

It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of our svn-repository. Before filing an issue for this I'd like to get consensus on that, even if only lazy consensus.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/git

For the requested infos I suggest:
- Name of the codebase: "Apache OpenOffice"
- Name of the requested Git mirror: "openoffice.git"
- Subversion path of the codebase: "openoffice" (was "incubator/ooo")
- Subversion layout: this is a tricky one, as we have the standard "trunk, branches, tags", but also top-level directories such as devtools, ooo-site, pmc, site, symphony, and trunk-orig. I'm inclined to ignore these extra directories for our git mirror.

+1

This would make my life so much better.

-Andre

Herbert