Hi Andre,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:58:39AM +0100, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 26.11.2012 17:07, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> >Following up to myself:
> >
> >>In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
> >>git-svn clone, open the file
> >>     .git/config
> >>and find the section named
> >>     [svn-remote "svn"]
> >>in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
> >>"incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".
> >
> >If you are running into problems with this simple approach please
> >use the extended instructions for the "General Case" at
> >    https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnSwitch
>
> For some reason this does not work for me.  I get a
>
>     Invalid filesystem path syntax: Cannot replace a directory from
> within at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 5653
>
> after changing
>     url = https://a...@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk
>     url = https://a...@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
>
> in .git/config
>
> Does anybody has step by step instructions on how to switch a local
> git repository.
>
> It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
> setting up a new local git repository.  I understand that that has
> become more complicated as well, if you want to access the "old"
> history.  I really don't want to go back to use svn directly.

I had the same issue, I solved it with
http://minimalreadership.blogspot.com.ar/2011/06/svn-switch-for-git-svn-repo.html

Note that my .git/config is

[svn-remote "svn"]
    url = https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf
    fetch = openoffice/trunk:refs/remotes/trunk
    branches = openoffice/branches//*:refs/remotes/*
    tags = openoffice/tags//*:refs/remotes/tags/*

Before applying that solution, the fetch, branches and tags had
incubator/ooo instead of openoffice.

IIRC I cloned it in the first time with this command:

git svn clone  \
--trunk=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk \
--tags=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/tags \
--branches=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches \
--revision 1162288:HEAD   \
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk

Note that pure git clones from this local git-svn repo where broken
after applying the solution, I had so many merge conflicts that it was
easier to create a new clone from the fixed git-svn and apply the
patches (git format-patch, then git am).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina