Oliver-Ranier,

You have written an excellent summary.

These "releases" both official source releases and user convenience binaries
are distinct and voted. These should not be confused with the following:

(1) current svn source trunk.
(2) binaries built for QA, l10n, or other purposes especially release
candidates.

As long as we do not distribute these unofficial internal purpose artifacts to
our release channels and do not promote these to the general public as releases
we are doing our best.

Rob mentions edge cases where an internal to the project build gets out. For
this case it might make sense to discuss with infra on IRC if a people account
is a concern of theirs and how they would prefer to mitigate that risk.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone