Rob Weir wrote:
I've changed the site-wide promotion to be a call for translation volunteers .
Did you want a few days of a FOSDEM Call for Papers as well?

Yes please, maybe one day (just for testing effectiveness) during the coming week, say Wednesday 12th December, and then the last days of the Call for Papers, 19-23 December or so. Link should point to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/FOSDEM+2013+Proposals

I'd like to get the "AskOpenOffice" promotion in a few days as well.
But I think the translation call has the greater urgency right now.

Sure, this should be our main message for this week: we definitely want to recruit translation volunteers now rather than in a couple weeks, when the translation deadline will be too close.

Regards,
  Andrea.