to me it is a long term solution....

alternatives are:

1) open up, and get spam
2) use some of the spam measures, like e.g. cool off period = 4 days.

The most efficient measure is a manual creation, and if I count correctly
we talk about less than 10 new users in a month.

Please feel free to suggest alternatives that avoid spam, and do not burden
our administrators (opening up for spam is a high burden on sysop as well
as others).

Rgds
Jan I.