Hi Regina,

On 11.12.2012 21:44, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Armin,

Armin Le Grand schrieb:
     Hi Regina,

On 11.12.2012 15:36, Regina Henschel wrote:
[..]

More helpful for exact positions than transparency would be snap
functions for handles and a tab in the size&position dialog for
entering values directly.

?!? The geometry snaps (with all possibilities available on optiopns
toolbar), what is the sense to snap handles, where their size is fixed
and thus has no real meaning relative to the zoom showed in the document?

Try to draw a parallelogram (from custom shapes) so that its upper edge is shifted 2cm to the right. Or for a polar handle, try to draw a sector (from custom shapes), which has exactly 30degree. It is not possible with the current UI.

Okay, I see. I would not call it 'snap handles' but just snapping during the interaction. Could You write a task for it, it sounds reasonable.

For classical sector shape exists a workaround: set a snap angle in Tools>Options. Or for a parallelogram use a polygon and snap lines. But that do not work for custom shapes.

I see no advantage of transparency. You loose the brightness and neon colors and get what? Please try it in LibreOffice.

There are two effects; the first is to use the alpha channel to no langer have that pixel-edges at the border of the handles. The second is to allow seeing that below a handle something else is positioned that might be of interest. This happens for the handles in cases where tese may be in the same place (e.g. custom shapes where the yellow handle is initially not visible since it's 'behind' one of the normal ones (also on the circle segment object AFAIR).

Do not forget that it's just a 'hint' and the handles are only transparent on their inner part, and only slightly (30%). I am very careful with this; the main purpose of handles is and will stay to recognize the handle itself easily and with no distortions forthe eye (it should be pleasing and functional).

Another case where this is useful it with the relatively big Anchor handles in Writer and Calc which are by definition positioned at the start of a paragraph, line or word. It helps to be able to read the start of the word for recognizing the whole word, even if it's only a hint for the eye.

HTH!

What do others think? Or I'm the only one who often use Draw?

Kind regards
Regina
--
ALG