2012/12/26 TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>

> @jan,
>
> Can you process the user creation log for today, and send me (off-list)
> the user names and email addresses? I've already blocked two new spammers,
> and I'm deeply suspicious of the other new accounts. Any ISP involved will
> be hearing from me.
>
> Do I assume correctly, that something (Apache server?) can be configured
> to reject IP addresses or ranges? If so, do you do that, or do we need to
> go through Infra?

As a general rule I don't think that banning IP's is a good idea: most
people on the Internet have dynamic IP connections. I remember some years
ago that I was blocked from entering a comment on the extension site: the
IP I had at that time was banned because "used by spammers"... some days
later when my IP changed again I was able to log-in and post comments
without problems...

Regards
Ricardo