Hi Jan,

janI schrieb:
On 26 December 2012 05:18, Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12-12-25, at 21:51 , RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

2012/12/26 TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>

@jan,

Can you process the user creation log for today, and send me (off-list)
the user names and email addresses? I've already blocked two new
spammers,
and I'm deeply suspicious of the other new accounts. Any ISP involved
will
be hearing from me.

I will do that in just a moment.

I have just tested our create account, and the gatcha is working.

However if I may politely point out, I suggested to stay with the "mailing"
method...

I second the suggestion. Using the mailing list has advantages,
* Minimize spam. Admins should not need to spend time on deleting.
* We can track enquirers by they request mail as potential contributers.
* The "last changed" overview would become usable in showing only serious content changes. Such makes it easier for the PMC to overview the Wiki.

Kind regards
Regina