On 26.12.2012 05:17, TJ Frazier wrote:
From my moderator work, I think certain ISPs should be blocked
entirely, because they are non-responsive to spam complaints; the
Burkina-Faso government ISP comes to mind, but there are a few others.
Most of the big U.S. ISPs have been very cooperative.

Since you are a sysop, you are welcome to help fight the spammers
directly. If I encounter an ISP with a Spanish-only web site, can I
ask you for help with it?

There are systems that provide "one use email addresses" and similar functionality. Those types of email addresses are probably good candidates for blocking, but that is based on email address, not connected IP.