On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Drew Jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right - I've taken the csv export, sucked into Calc, removed the
> author/location columns completely, saved as ODS and imported that into
> Google Docs.
> Also added a column which subtracts, minus votes, and so yes getting a
> single question ranking is trivial.

Google Moderator does that automatically.  That is part of their
popularity ranking.  They might take some other factors into account,
such as how recently a question was asked.  An older question had more
time to get up votes, so some normalization seems desirable.  For
purposes of the blog post I'm using the Google ordering rather than
devising my own metric.

> Any reason, now that the author name/location is excised, not to share this
> raw data for reading. I was about to include the URL here, thought I'd ask
> to be sure no one minds.

We had the URL on the front page of our website for weeks.  So it is
hardly a state secret.  I'll add a link to the blog post as well.

-Rob