On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Le 11/02/2013 09:13, Andre Fischer a écrit :
>
>> We should change the ODF spec first instead.  A spec that basically says
>> "whatever you want to return is fine" is of no value, as was proven in this
>> thread.  This is something that I would only accept from a "random()"
>> function.
>

> +1. That's also what has been said by other posters (with some between the
> lines reading).
>

>> Besides, my emacs calc says that 0^0 is 1, so that can be the only correct
>> answer, right?
>

> :-)
> But is there anyone with some real maths application that could check (R or
> Mathlab, ...)?

Again, you are looking for the "one true answer" and declaring that
other answers are wrong.  That is not the case here.  Please review
this survey of the question from the sci.math FAQ on this point:

"Consensus has recently been built around setting the value of 0^0 = 1"

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/sci-math-faq/specialnumbers/0to0/

Regards,

-Rob