On 13/02/2013 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
I will ask everyone to take a break for two weeks before starting the
voting procedure for this.

Fine. I would have started the vote earlier, but it's your code so I'll respect your choice. And it's good to give people more time to think (not to write!) about the impact of this change, which can perfectly stay in daily builds at the moment... maybe someone will find more significant examples of spreadsheets relying on the result of 0 ^ 0.

I won't reply to recent discussions on this thread since the point is not to explain to people what "implementation-defined" means or investigate what the several branches of mathematics use.

Independently of the vote result I will be effectively stopping the
development work I intended to do on Calc as I have lost all
interest on improving it given the current situation.

This is sad, but understandable. Anyway, as Juergen clarified, contributions are always welcome; it is really rare that code (assuming that people who posted to this thread did read the code...) gets this level of public discussion and most of the proposed improvements should be uncontroversial, so when you feel like to hack on Calc again just do it (sending a note here before any backwards-incompatible changes) and everybody will be happy, hopefully!

Regards,
  Andrea.