Le 25/03/2013 17:37, Andre Fischer a écrit :
- Easy control over the feature set that is shipped with OpenOffice. This is
something that we use extensively for dictionaries.

+1. I know about the dictionaries. But basically I think that we should keep
the bundled dics as few as possible and let the user install extra dics if
needed.

In this special case I would like to know how the user can turn of the
presenter screen.  Did you add a button or option for this?. The original idea
was that activation/deactivation is done by activating/installing or
deactivating/uninstalling the extension. That was somewhat undermined by
product managers who shipped the extension with OOo but hid the Presenter
Console extension from the extension manager.  It was still possible to
uninstall the extension but not via the UI.

+1. There are some advanced features that are of no use for me (like those
related to Impress). In the past I could deactivate them (in 3.4.0 IIRC). But
well, perhaps there is no real gain to remove the extension.

There is a balance to find between a sleek code with extensions à la Firefox
for advanced features and a more complex code with more features included with
less hassle for the users who need them.

Advanced features could be developed as extensions and integrated in the main
code if they meet big success.

Hagar