On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24.04.2013 18:41, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 24 April 2013 09:45, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com

>>> project

>>> http://www.openoffice.org/tools/project_dependencies.png>

>>> out

>>> the

>>> process.

>>> I can only agree with the statement that some dependencies is missing.
>>> During the changed of localize.pl to genLang, I have seen quite a number
>>> of
>>> strange things (and written it on my list).
>>>
>>> When I get some air, I will start the build project by updating the
>>> dependency chart...we need that to see if we can modularize parts of
>>> main.
>>>
>>> rgds
>>> Jan I.
>>>
>> Thanks to all for the feedback. I do think a current layout would be MOST
>> helpful to developers, and for our makefile retooling.
>

> I wrote a script [1] to extract module dependencies from the build.lst
> files.
> First I converted them into a GEXF file [2] for visualization with gephi.
> That did not produce an output I was happy with.  Maybe somebody else has
> more luck.

The GEXF file didn't work for me either.  But I did extract the
dependencies from the DOT file and ran that through Gephi to get this:

http://www.robweir.com/aoo/aoo-modules.svg

The size of each node is proportionate to the "in-degree", i.e., the
number of incoming dependencies.  The colors group sets of modules
that are highly interconnected.

-Rob