On 6/15/13 10:21 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 14/06/2013 Hans Zybura wrote:
>> Therefore I'd like to recommend some additions
>
> Thank you, integrated in
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0
>

>> One last time I want to comment on Jürgen Schmidt's recommendation to
>> define
>> a Maxversion.
>
> Indicating a "max" version will ensure that the extension is only run on
> OpenOffice version it has been tested on. But I've changed (back) the
> wording to "Typical" and "Recommended", which is quite accurate, since
> I've never seen the "max" version being used in practice. If one prefers
> to do like Hagar and not set a "max" version, this can probably be
> addressed (but I cannot check now) by editing the Release page on the
> extensions.openoffice.org site and simply adding that it is compatible
> with version 4.0.

Extension developers can do of course whatever they want. My
recommendation is to test an extension against the next coming version
(whatever it is, major or minor) and release a new micro update of the
extension with an updated max version. This can be done as part of a QA
process and it will ensure that the extensions will work and it will
avoid problems.
If you sell your extension it is up to you to distribute it, you can
give micro extensions for free.

Many extension will work without a max version dependency but we have
seen problems here in the past and that is the reason why I recommend
the max version now.

Juergen