Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
Do you have one or two C++ extension at hand (except former Presenter Screen
and former Presenation Minizer) for testing?
The PDF Import extension: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdfimport
MySQL Connector: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
My version of this last one:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/

This deserves some discussion: these two extensions are very popular so it would be better to find a solution to this before users ask for support in scores.

If I understand correctly, we have now have two problems with these extensions: 1) License: both extensions have GPL (or similar) dependencies, so they cannot be formally released by this Apache project. 2) Compatibility: the STLport change makes the latest versions incompatible with OpenOffice 4.0.

Can the problem be solved by simply rebuilding the two extensions in the new framework? If it isn't too hard, it's better to upload an "unofficial" version (meaning: released by individual developers, but not officially by the project) to the Extensions site than dealing with feature limitations and support requests.

For the time being, I updated
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0
with this information.

Regards,