On 10 August 2013 21:06, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09/08/2013 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Juergen Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> http://imagebin.org/267011 http://imagebin.org/267012
>>>>
>>> Is it possible that you work on your own and don't communicate with
>>> others
>>> here on the list?
>>> This images are not known, not discussed, not approved not anything...
>>> Why
>>> should they be used at all?
>>>

> Actually, Alexandro's suggestion is not worse than what we have now. It is
> meant to replace the (now outdated and honestly out of any OpenOffice
> branding guidelines) forum header, see http://forum.openoffice.org/**
> en/forum/ <http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/> with something that at
> least uses the correct logo.

If we are to use them (or others), then please mail the final prepared
files to my private mail, at the moment we do not have forum html changes
in svn, something I will remedy.

I think its good when something is done, and I hope alexandro will modify
his work according to the suggestion below, show it on the list, and we can
integrate. Thx alexandro for taking initative.

One thought, should we not try to make mwiki and forum header identical, it
is used by the same users.

>  Not sure what are you talking about. AFAIK the current images from the
>> forum header are pretty different from the logo. I talked about this with
>> imacat a while ago, but nothing really was done at the time.
>>

> With the new logo, it's best to remove all the extra elements (seagulls or
> eagles?) from the forums header. Perhaps the right thing to do would be to
> have a monochrome variant (white in this case, since the background is
> blue) of the official logo, the one at http://svn.apache.org/repos/**
> asf/openoffice/branding/<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/>,
>  that looks nice in the forum header. It will be quite tricky to get the
> orb right, since it would be blue on blue...

I would prefer something that contained one of our branding logos, but I
have no special opinions.

rgds
jan I