On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Dan Stillman <dstill...@zotero.org> wrote:

>  Nothing to do with memes or marketing.
>

> https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/30885/openoffice-400-no-zotero-toolbar/

​So acording to this forum, is because of Apache OpenOffice active
development as opposed to innactive development that Zotero plugin can't
work.

We have been documenting the changes and docs for extension mantainers
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0​

​Why toolbar change? As you might know UX changes in AOO4 had an impact on
the XML schema for our UI. Feel free to add support for 4.0 following these
improvements.