Hi,

first if all I volunteer to act as the release manager for AOO 4.0.1 if
that is wanted but I am also open to let somebody else to the job ;-)

In preparation for an AOO 4.0.1 release I have first created a AOO400
tag based on revision 1503704. I have also created a new branch AOO401
based on branch AOO400 based on the head revision of the branch.

I noticed that Yuri checked in some code on the branch already. Can we
please follow some guideline how we handle such release branches?

I would like to propose the following:

Changes on a release branch should be discussed before and should be in
relation to a proposed and approved fix (if you want showstopper) that
will go in the next release.

For now that means the branch AOO400 is dead and changes towards AOO
4.0.1 have to be made on the new branch AOO401 and should be discussed
first. Or propose the related issue as showstopper first.

I believe we agreed more or less to keep the changes for AOO 4.0.1
minimal to reduce the test effort. We should concentrate on the most
serious issues only and on new languages or improved translations. Keep
in mind that AOO 4.1 is coming as well. Stability is a key feature and
every single bug fix can introduce a regression as well. Often not
obvious directly.

Any opinions or comment son this plan.

Juergen