Am 09/26/2013 10:12 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
Am 09/26/2013 05:02 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=announcing_apache_openoffice_4_0

Short and direct.

Is there anything else worth mentioning, from a project perspective?
I tried to avoid simply repeating what the release notes already say.

To mention the "MS Excel export improvement" is really important as it
was (one of) the topic with the highest number of reported 4.0.0 issues
(with 6 duplicates and 9 votes).

If I understand correctly we'll go live with the announcement on
Tuesday. So we'll want to ensure the website download page is ready
first.

Yes, let me check on Monday evening (Hamburg time) if it's already
working. Then we can do the public announcement on Tuesday with working
download links.

I've updated the download webpages, so that now 4.0.1 is the favorite download. Of course still only in the staged area:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index.html

Please test yourself. For me every link is working that I've clicked on but of course I've not tested every platform, language and link.

*Important:*
Avoid any changes and especially publishing on the webpages until Tuesday. Otherwise the new 4.0.1 download links will go online without announcement and public note.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus