Am 09/29/2013 11:46 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

Am 09/29/2013 10:00 PM, schrieb Ricardo Berlasso:

  2013/9/29 Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>

  Am 09/26/2013 10:12 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):

   Am 09/26/2013 05:02 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

https://blogs.apache.org/****preview/OOo/?previewEntry=**<https://blogs.apache.org/**preview/OOo/?previewEntry=**>
announcing_apache_openoffice_****4_0<https://blogs.apache.org/**
preview/OOo/?previewEntry=**announcing_apache_openoffice_**4_0<https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=announcing_apache_openoffice_4_0>

Short and direct.

Is there anything else worth mentioning, from a project perspective?
I tried to avoid simply repeating what the release notes already say.

To mention the "MS Excel export improvement" is really important as it
was (one of) the topic with the highest number of reported 4.0.0 issues
(with 6 duplicates and 9 votes).

   If I understand correctly we'll go live with the announcement on

Tuesday. So we'll want to ensure the website download page is ready
first.

Yes, let me check on Monday evening (Hamburg time) if it's already
working. Then we can do the public announcement on Tuesday with working
download links.

I've updated the download webpages, so that now 4.0.1 is the favorite
download. Of course still only in the staged area:

http://ooo-site.staging.**apac**he.org/download/index.html<http://apache.org/download/index.html>
<htt**p://ooo-site.staging.apache.**org/download/index.html<http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index.html>

Please test yourself. For me every link is working that I've clicked on
but of course I've not tested every platform, language and link.

*Important:*
Avoid any changes and especially publishing on the webpages until
Tuesday.
Otherwise the new 4.0.1 download links will go online without
announcement
and public note.

Taking profit of this "freeze", I've just updated the staging ES site with
the 4.0.1 announcement (I'll be short of time during the week).

OK, if there are already Spanish release notes for AOO 4.0.1 available
don't forget to link them.

Marcus

I just finished porting the web version of the release notes over to where
it normally lives.

Great.

I will keep my eye on additional changes later today and tomorrow. It's not
a big deal to redo them -- just remembering what I need to do. :/

After the release announcement, I don't know if we should re-port or not. I
guess it depends on how folks feel. The language menu bar doesn't show up
on this version.

I don't know what you mean with "language menu bar" but for me it looks good.

Marcus