Hi,

the next last status update ;-)

I could notice that native language landing page for Portuguese (European) - namely http://www.openoffice.org/pt/ - is also available.
Thus, I will integrate it.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi,

last status update before going live in about 2-3 hours.

Native language landing pages for update notification according to the
given feedback will be:
- Czech
- Dutch
- French
- German
- Italian
- Japanese
- Spanish
- Slovak

As I got not feedback for:
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)
I will switch back to the default download site for these two.

Whenever a native language landing page for the update notification
becomes available, we integrate it into the update notification XML feeds.
Thus, just send a post to dev@o.a.o and I (or somebody else) perform the
change.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi,

Status update and open questions!!!

Got feedback for
- Dutch
- German
- Italian
- Spanish
- Slovak

German, Italian and Spanish landing pages will be fine as I am being
told.

Dutch landing page links to the default download page, but it talks
about version 4.0.0.
Will this be changed for AOO 4.0.1 release?

Slovak landing page rework landing page is in progress.
Will it be finished right after the AOO 4.0.1 release?

Missing feedback for
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)
- French
- Japanese

Chinese (simplified) landing page looks ok, but links to download page
which does not show a download link at least in my environment (Win 7
64bit, English, Firefox)
Are there changes needed for AOO 4.0.1 release?

Chinese (traditional) landing page looks ok, but links to
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other-341.html for the download as
far as I can see.
Is there a change in progress for AOO 4.0.1 release?

I have given the wrong link for the French landing page - it is
http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Telecharger
French landing page links to AOO 4.0.0 packages.
Is there a change in progress for AOO 4.0.1 release?
My posts still did not reach users-fr@o.a.o - I do not see them in the
mailing archive.

Japanese landing page links to sub page with links to AOO 4.0.0 packages.
Is there a change in progress for AOO 4.0.1 release?

Please provide feedback - Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi

Hi,

forgive me for writing in English, but this post goes to several native
language mailing lists and to dev@o.a.o and l10n@o.a.o.

I am currently preparing the update of the XML feeds for our product
update notification service for former OpenOffice versions (3.2.0,
3.2.1, 3.3.0, 3.4.0, 3.4.1, 4.0.0) in order to enable the notification
about new version 4.0.1

For most of the languages the user is directed by the update
notification to our main download side [1].
For the following languages the user is directed to the corresponding
native languages page:
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)
- Dutch
- French
- German
- Italian
- Japanese
- Slovak
- Spanish

IMPORTANT:
Please drop me a short note, when the corresponding native langauge
pages has been updated after version 4.0.1 has been released
OR
drop me a short note, when no update to the native language page is
needed.

So far, I got feedback for
- German
- Spanish

Looking at the mail archives of general-ja@o.a.o, progetto-it@o.a.o and
users-fr@o.a.o reveals that my post did not reach the corresponding
mailing list.
Request to the corresponding mailing list moderators/admins: Could you
please check, why my post did not reach the mailing list.

I will now check the landing pages for the following languages. If from
my point of view the page needs to be updated for AOO 4.0.1 release and
if I got no feedback, I will change the download landing page for these
languages to the default download page to avoid user confusion.
- Chinese (simplified)
     http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn
- Chinese (traditional)
     http://www.openoffice.org/zh-tw
- Dutch
     http://www.openoffice.org/nl/downloaden.html
- French
     http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar
- Italian
     http://www.openoffice.org/it
- Japanese
     http://www.openoffice.org/ja
- Slovak
     http://www.openoffice.org/sk/download

Please give feedback.

Best regards, Oliver.

When I have collected the replies for all the above mentioned languages
I will enable the product update notification for version 4.0.1

BTW, if for your languages the user shall also be directed to a
corresponding native languages pages, then let me know this page. I
will
include it in the update XML feeds.

[1] www.openoffice.org/download

Thanks in advance for your replies and help.

Best regards, Oliver.