On 2013-10-22, at 14:21 , Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-10-22, at 14:11 , Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>
>> (BTW, there are no 800 lb. gorillas :-) )
>>
>> Okay, but arguendo the mighty weight of Google's omnipresence, I'd be
>> curious to learn what kind of uptake there will be of the app. Given their
>> deployment of Docs & other Drive tools, I suspect there'll be improvements,
>> but erratically.
>>

> IMHO there is probably opportunity for an app that is a bit more open
> in what it connects to.  The free Google apps appear to be bolted to
> Google Drive.  But an app that supports DropBox, Sky Drive, Google
> Drive, iCloud, ownCloud, etc., could be interesting.

Indeed. That's why I'm working with Peter of UX Write. He's also quite
interested in simplifying the process by which a mobile app *would* connect to
n+1 number of cloud services. Right now, as you note, there is a mess of more
or less proprietary (or at least idiosyncratic) APIs, protocols, code dances
that a developer must make bend his app to.

What is wanted (by yours truly) is for UX Write to work better with ODF…..

> Regards,
>
> -Rob

-louis