Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> I'd like to move forward now with this proposal from July.
>>
>> I've updated the EOL page here to say that OOo 3.3.0 and earlier
>> are no longer supported.  That page also explains what this
>> means.
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/eol.html
>>
>> I'll start to do the other 3 items now.  I'll coordinate with
>> Oliver on the update notifications.
>>

> And here is a draft of the landing page we'd send users to who have
> an older version of OOo if there is not an AOO version in their
> language:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/eol-nl.html
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Rob;
I would suggest that you re-order the list of alternatives such that
the non-recommended item is the last entry such as below:

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 in another language that you are
familiar with.

Sign up for our announcements mailing list so you will be notified of
new languages and releases when they become available.

Volunteer to help translate OpenOffice into your native language.

(Not Recommended) Continue running an unsupported version of OpenOffice

This puts the non-recommended option further from the initial line of
sight of the reader thus (hopefully) lessening the likelihood they
will grab onto it as the preferred alternative.

Regards
Keith