Am 11/13/2013 09:12 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Donald Whytock<dwhyt...@apache.org>  wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:

This will be something to post after Steve merges the code intro the
trunk, which I understand will be soon:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=apache_openoffice_4_1_to

Does anyone have anything else to add?  A quote from an assistive
technology vendor or accessibility expert would be good.

  Looks good in general.  How does "vision-impaired" compare to "blind or
low-sight"?

Honestly, I'm not absolutely certain what the preferred term is these
days.  I certainly don't want to cause offense by using the wrong
words.  But I did see the term "blind or low-sight" on a website
discussing assistive technologies.  If anyone (Stuart, maybe?) knows
better, let me know.

I had a remarkable experience when I wrote something about sound in StarOffice (yes, years ago) and how deaf people could work with it. The way of how to explain it was wrong with the wording I used, I had to correct it in in a policitcal correct way and give an apology to the group who wrote a mail to point me to the error.

Therefore I would say it's better to spend more time than you think first to use the correct wordings.

I'm sure Steve can lend a helping hand here.

Marcus