Jörg Schmidt wrote:
By "de-team @" I agree, and maybe that's for Rob OK, (for he had the
word "team" is suggested), then there would currently consensus.

I think there was a misunderstanding here. A mailing list for discussions in German must be named XYZ-de for a certain value of XYZ.

"dev-de", your initial choice, is fine. Nobody really objected to it. You will be the ones using that list, so please pick whatever you (the proposers/moderators of the new list) prefer. Other languages are using "general-ja", "general-es", "geral-ptbr" or "progetto-it". Just choose. But please open the JIRA issue as explained in my earlier message, so that Infra can work on it.

The project vs. team discussion does not belong to this mailing list naming choice.

Regards,
  Andrea.