Thank you, Yuri and Rob.

Yep.  That solved it.

After installing the 32-bit JDK (as Yuri suggested), and with the

--with-jdk-home

option removed (as Rob suggested), the build runs to successful completion.

Regards.
Greg

On 1/23/2014 11:09 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Greg Bullock <g...@nwra.com> wrote:
Thank you, Rob.

How is the JDK part of your configuration handled?  Do you have something on
your environment path?

I've had no success with either

--with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_51"

or

--with-jdk-home="$JAVA_HOME_PATH"
where
JAVA_HOME_PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_51"

I have nothing in my path and no JAVA_HOME or anything.  No
--with-jdk-home either.  I do have Java installed and it is available
from the command line.  Maybe a Windows registry entry is making it
findable?

One thing:  in other cases, where I refer to a local path from a
configure flag, I did it like, "c:/foo".  So a forward slash, but no
"cygdrive" part to the path.  It may depend on what ultimately needs
to interpret  that path, the shell or a Windows program.   Just
speculating...

-Rob

Perhaps the space in the path name frustrates the aoo build, but so far I'm
reluctant to move JDK to a different, spaceless folder.

Regards.
Greg