Rob Weir wrote:
Is anyone else noticing that almost no one uses the link to report
website issues to actually report website issues?

We get a mix of correct submissions (i.e., website stuff) and ultra-FAQs (restore windows).

I guess this is due to the fact that ultra-FAQs are so frequent that even if 10 out of 10 first-page search result for "openoffice restore windows" do indeed describe how to fix the problem, there is still someone left who will try to contact us instead of simply solving the problem, and in doing so he will find the dev mailing list link post here.

Maybe we can add a link just above the "Reporting a problem" link saying that they should read the Release Notes and check if the problem is known? But the page is already full of good links for this...

Maybe send web site issue reports to Bugzilla instead?

I'm not sure this will work. We also got several minor broken link reports that we wouldn't have received if the person had to create a Bugzilla account to this purpose.

Regards,
  Andrea.