On 4/3/14 12:09 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

>> in

>> for

>> could

>> exclude

>> the

>> weird

>> as

>> as
>> flow

>> Please

>>> Just to be sure, is this limited to a special subdir like
>>> ".../files/milestones/"? Or also, additionally for ".../files/"?

>> be
>> share
>>>
>>> Good to know. I thought you had extended the timeframe permanentelly. ;-)

>>> I don't think it's relevant to a wider audience.
>>>
>>> We still speak about the timeframe between starting uploading to
>>> Sourceforge and the official announcement. Within this timeframe it
>>> should be possible for admins to test the download webpage with
>>> scripting - to see if it will work - but there must not be no way to
>>> download the builds from the public.
>>>
>>> So, I would prefer to go with the "staging"-bit as:
>>> - it is already available
>>> - there is no confusion for the public
>>> - it's easy to delete the bit to make the release public
>>> - and (please don't get me wrong ;-) ) we can do it alone without the
>>> help of you or someone else of Sourceforge.
>>>
>>> What do others think about this?
>>
>> sounds ok to me, we should make it to complicate. It wasn't a big thing
>> the last time and it shows the interest in AOO.
>>
>> How do I set the staging bit?
>>

> Hi Jurgen,
>
>  Here you find more info: https://sourceforge.net/blog/staged-folders/
>
>  About extending the staging period I'll make sure it is set to a custom
> value for AOO, usually it's 3 days.

custom value sounds good, the question is then how we can influence this
value.

I see that the staging bit can be removed at any time via folder
properties. Maybe a nice feature would be to simply allow a custom value
here or to extend the staging period if the vote fails or other problems
come up.

Juergen