Am 04/28/2014 06:19 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
Hi all,

while enjoying the Easter time I made some progress about a long-term
problem:

- Downloading the offered file via the green box is fast and easy
- Downloading a different file than the offered is not

Via the big table on the "other.html" is now easy to maintain for us but has
no improvement for the user as it is large and complex.

Therefore I've thought of making another offer directly on the main download
webpage:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html

Please don't look too close to look&  feel - sure the grey color is not the
best one ;-) - this can and will be improved for sure.

For now please have a look for the functionality via the drop-down boxes and
the then created links below them.

What do you think? is this a direction we can/should go in general?
Or do you have complete different thoughts?

I like it.   In fact, I wonder if we could just replace the green box
with this UI, pre-populating the drop down list boxes with our best
guess of what the user wants?

And I like this idea.

However, I would like to finish first a separate color box to have something working - as I expect some difficulties to combine both.

But I will keep this great idea for "version 2.0".

Thanks

Marcus