Draw and Impress really need some major improvements. The way
presentations are done are not as structured the way Impress view
them.

Many high impact presentation have a better use of graphics and more
stylish use of fonts, colors etc.

AOO unfortunately hasn't really make this easier, and a lot of
improvements could be started.

The panels showed a good way to move forward. But the way AOO handle
colors could be heavily improved. Making color spectrum more available
will open the user to access (quickly) the 16million colors.

Improving gallery services and clipboard could also make the users
drag-drop images and push them to the background if needed.

Finally fileformats could be extended to add compatibility with Visio,
Scribus, and SVG in general.

Publishing to PDF is good but also HTML5 present a large opportunity
for Impress. Being able to have prezi-like presentations would be a
good idea. Generating the correct Javascript on webcast mode, could be
good.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor