On 07/28/2014 01:05 AM, Tal Daniel wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 07/26/2014 10:16 PM, Tal Daniel wrote:
>>> Don't you think this page should exist elsewhere, not on the site? maybe
>> on
>>> openoffice.apache.org > native language section? It's feels as a status
>>> page, rather than a page for visitors.
>>>
>>> Tal
>>
>> I think it's just where it is for historical purposes, and  I see your
>> point. We can move it.
>>
>> Anyway, my "new" version is at:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/projects/native-lang-new.html
>>
>> Even after I suggested it, I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with my simpler
>> definitions. See the definition for "maintained". The download links
>> from these pages work, but some are NOT to a localized download due to
>> editing (by me some weeks ago) to at least get them to some correct
>> download area. :/ So, what to do with these gray areas?
>

> Nonactive/non-maintained websites will, eventually, be removed from the
> language selection box;a call for volunteers is also appropriate, in order
> to revive such a website (another column?)

yes...

Ok, I just changed the definitions slightly and corrected some errors
I'd made in assessment yesterday as well. This needs another pair of eyes!

again, at:
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/projects/native-lang-new.html

On removing non-maintained web sites. If you look at the list, you'll
see we have a number of languages for which we currently deliver
product, but no one maintains the web site. So, should we really remove
these? I would be opposed to that. I can see that it's probably easier
for folks to translate strings for the product who don't want to get
involved on the website maintenance level.