On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 07:48:16AM +0800, Hung Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to configure with --enable-symbols to build with symbolic
> generation.
> Here is my command line:
>
> ./configure \
>      --with-dmake-url=
> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2 \
>      --with-epm-url=
> http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz \
>      --disable-odk \
>      --disable-binfilter \
>      --with-lang="en-US zh-TW" \
>      --enable-symbols
>
> Then in the module I wanted to debug, I built with
>
> build debug=t dbglevel=0 && deliver
>
> However gdb still told me that there was no debugging symbols found.
>
> Do I have to build all with debug=t to in order to get symbolic tables?
> What are the necessary and not necessary steps?

Symbols might be stripped. Look at LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh and make sure
that

ENABLE_SYMBOLS="TRUE"
DISABLE_STRIP="TRUE"

In theory, --enable-symbols should turn on --disable-strip-solver.

> Please suggest. Thanks.

Are you copying the libraries with debug symbols back in your
installation? Or are you build the whole office and taking the
installation from instsetoo_native?

It's better to move the installation from instsetoo_native to another
place, build the needed modules with debug symbols, then copy the
libraries back.

In old dmake modules, for example sd

cd sd
build debug=true dbglevel=2 && deliver
cp unxlngx6/lib/*.so <office installation>/program/

In make based modules, for example sw

cd sw
make -sr DEBUG=yes
cp ../solver/420/unxlngx6/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/*sw*.so <office
installation>/program/

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile