On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 12:27:39AM +0800, Hung Mark wrote:
> Here is how I did:
> After I build & deliver in the module, I go into instsetoo_native, then
> build --all -P4 -- -P4
> After that, I install all packages generated with dpkg -i.
> Will it work this way?  They should work the same except my way takes
> longer.

I guess symbols are stripped somewhere in that process.

> > It's better to move the installation from instsetoo_native to another
> > place, build the needed modules with debug symbols, then copy the
> >

> What do you mean by moving instsetoo_native to another place?

I mean move the installation set that is generated there when you build
with

--with-package-format="installed"

In this case, you have an office installation in

instsetoo_native/unxlngx6/Apache_OpenOffice/installed/install/en-US

and the SDK in

instsetoo_native/unxlngx6/Apache_OpenOffice_SDK/installed/install/en-US

Then move that installation somewhere else, in your home directory, for
example.

This will work if you don't need the desktop integration, it is faster
to build (as you don't build rpms/debs). Then copy the libraries with
debugging symbols from the source tree output directory to that
installation.

> I assume that you suggest this for preserving my original installation,

No, I meant not to build packages; or, if you do so, rebuild the
libraries you need with debugging symbols and copy them back to the
place where you installed the office, because the whole process of
building packages and installing them seems to be stripping the
libraries.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile