On 21/08/2014 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
I plan the following email for 2:00pm today on announce@openoffice +
announce@apache

I agree with the other proposed changes too, but I'm replying to this message for easier quoting.

###
The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of OpenOffice 4.1.1.  You can download it from our
website [1].

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 is a micro update with many useful bugfixes.

Besides the new wording, I recommend adding a direct link to the bug list, or even picking a couple of them.

So something like:
  ---
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 is a micro update with many useful and critical
bugfixes including 2 security relevant fixes. Bugfixes include: better compatibility with Microsoft Office files, better support for Mac OS X gestures and scrolling, enhanced compatibility with Linux desktop environments. A full list of the 88 issues fixed in this release can be found at http://s.apache.org/AOO410-solved
  ---
(this would also fit well in the Release Notes, probably, as something between the link only and the full list).

With 3 additional supported languages AOO 4.1.1

OpenOffice 4.1.1 [it's our trademark]

increases again the
number of supported languages which is now 41. The supported languages

s/supported/released/g

are Asturian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Calalan (Valencia AVL), Catalan
(Valencia RACV), Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English (GB + US),
Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Scots Gaelic, Galician, Hebrew, Hindi,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian
Bokmal, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazil, Russian, Slovak,
Serbian Cyrillic, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese
(Simplified + Traditional).  ...

I count 40. But it should be 41, so one is missing probably. I can't check which one now...

Those interested in the source code can download it via the links on
this page [3].

That page https://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html is not updated yet. To answer a question from you on this page: I would indeed recommend to point all checksums to the archive, and significant files (i.e., > 100 KBytes) to dist.

Regards,
  Andrea.