Dňa 13.11.2014 o 19:50 jan i napísal(a):
On 13 November 2014 18:43, Michal Hriň <h...@apache.org> wrote:

Dňa 13.11.2014 o 18:23 jan i napísal(a):

On 13 November 2014 09:39, Michal Hriň <h...@apache.org> wrote:

  Is it possible to gain admin (or higher) rights for account creation for
Pootle to speed up process ?

  in general no, see my other mail.

OK. I'm asking because I think that Andrea is only one person, who creates
Pootle accounts for new volunteers, and I'm not sure if volunteers comes
back if they don't have created account immediately.

If they could not work, they would not come back, but please remember they
can work without an account....we only use the account for 2 reasons
1) We can see who do what, and once a person has done a fair bit of work,
the project might consider inviting that person as committer.
2) guests makes proposals, that will be reviewed by persons who have an
account.

Imagine a situation that there is only one person per language (and that 's the reality) so we give to person advice to make sugestions. Person made sugestions, and now imagine after week , person have to submit sugestions one-by-one (there is no submit all I think). So it is doubled work for person.

Or I may give advice to person to translate offline then upload files back to Pootle one-by-one or somewhere to cloud. But I'm user that don't want to install tools for translations to my computer, so I want account to avoid doubled work.

I'm on end, do what you have to do.

In my opinion its nice to see work from a person, before that person is
allowed to write and change directly. 99% are good people, but the 1% (or
less) can made damage that takes a lot of time to repair.

rgds
jan I.

  rgds
jan i.