On 13/11/2014 22:05, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Michal Hriň wrote:
Is it possible to gain admin (or higher) rights for account creation for
Pootle to speed up process ?

What I was about to answer was... "Sure! I think there are only two levels (user and admin), and I will be very happy if you join as an admin. Let's keep your request pending for the next 3 days for lazy consensus as usual, then just send a reminder and your account name (and make sure it is linked to your committer account, not a local Pootle account) and we'll give you rights."

...but I now see the remarks by Jan. They are absolutely valid, nothing to discuss here, and thanks Jan for reminding that Pootle is shared infrastructure so OpenOffice can't simply decide to create admins at the moment.

Well, let's still wait 3 days to see if anybody has objections to you becoming a Pootle admin, seeing the issue purely from the OpenOffice side. This way we can be sure that, if it was only for OpenOffice, we would be OK with having you as a Pootle admin (replacing me if needed, why not).
seeing it purely from AOO, I would expect an admin to be PMC, otherwise it will be difficult for that person to follow PMC policy discussions.

Next week at ApacheCon we'll meet a lot of people from Infra and we'll try to find a good policy. If you can provide a better service to the community and nobody objects (in principle) to having you as a Pootle admin, my opinion is that we should definitely use your availability.
I dont disagree, it just might force us (infra) to change what a admin can do. RIght now admin role is similar to "root".

If the project decides to go down that way, then implementing it is a infra problem....and NOT a reason not to go down that road.

Lets talk next week.
rgds
jan i

Regards,