I don't know if this is helpful or not.  I'm not in a position to check.

Thinking out loud:

There are two cases of signatures.

 1. Digital signing of installable components, such as DLLs and such.  This is
also important but a second-order problem.

 2. Digital signing of the installer binary (the .EXE).  That or shipping a
signed .MSI.
    This is more important.  It has to do with raising the confidence in
downloads and installs and is of immediate benefit.

It *may* be the case that the installer binary .EXE already has room in the
file for a signature and it is simply not being used.  The properties on the
binary .EXE are also not filled in for AOO 4.1.1 en-US.  Those are the ones
that show a File description, File version, Product name, Product version,
Copyright, Language, etc.

It might be worthwhile to see if the properties and signature can be injected
in the .EXE already.  And if not, it may be possible to rebuild the .EXE, since
the bits are still around.  They are what are extracted into a folder which is
then used for running setup.

If feasible, this strikes me as a perfectly worthwhile exercise for
slip-streaming a signed binary of AOO 4.1.1 for Windows.  As Andrea remarks, It
would also be a right-sized teething exercise for our learning how to work
through the signing process.

I'm all for starting with the least that could possibly work, even though I
have no expertise on this.

 - Dennis