Andrea,

Although I consider this very important, I am so far back the learning curve on
working with the actual bits that I don't think I can provide anything
competent in a short time.  If you think there is an useful way for me to move
along the curve in time to be useful, I am open to it.

One question, also for Jürgen and Jan.  Is it possible to enter the signing
process for just the last step -- using the 4.1.1 setup files, which are easily
available, and making an installer file with appropriate file properties and a
signature?  (Or even sign the existing installer file, if it is in the proper
format for inserting the information and signature.)  That is, the .cab, .msi,
and setup.exe would be completely unchanged.

It is not the whole job, but it would make for an easy 4.1.1 slip-stream update
and start solving one of the problems of being able to identify the origin of
"courtesy" binaries that the project is willing to support.

(There are loud reminders on other lists that courtesy binaries are not Apache
capital-R Releases, only the sources are, so this would technically not involve
a new AOO Project Release at all.  There should be absolutely no difference
other than the installer is authenticated and makes Windows happier in itself,
without worrying about Windows certification at this stage.)

It would still have to be project-managed in the sense that all of the measures
to preserve binary authenticity and provide accompanying binary release
management internal to AOO should be followed.

Still thinking out loud, wanting to be helpful.

 - Dennis

PS: Corinthia has to learn to do this anyhow, but that incubator has the
advantage of not being under any time pressure and can provide signed binaries
from the beginning, so teething and preserving the knowledge may be easier.