From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 13:37
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deflecting the Attack of the Clones

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>     However, there are now apparent forks of AOO, such as AndrOpen Office
>     (boldly dubbed "AOO" and which seems to confuse some folks even
>     though it is described as a fork and as not associated with the project).

We are in good relationship with the author. The current branding and
wording of "AndrOpen Office" were approved by the OpenOffice PMC. If any
changes are needed, feel free to suggest them. It is an unofficial port,
but it is also as close as possible to OpenOffice.

<orcnote>
    My correspondent notices that there are appropriate disclaimers
    on the AndrOpen Office "AOO" web page.

    In a follow-up sent to me, I am told that the installed software
    identifies itself as Apache OpenOffice and all of the branding of
    Apache OpenOffice is present.

    I think it is important that a fork *not* do that, and that such
    identifications, including any links to support addresses and
    for pinging updates be corrected.  (I don't have an answer for
    the on-line help or identification of AndrOpen-specific topics
    on the OpenOffice Forums.)
</orcnote>

Regards,
   Andrea.